1. Your Personal Data
1.1 What Personal Data We Collect
Each time you visit our website and automatically, the following personal information about you will be collected:
- information about the pages that you visit on this website;
- the date and time of your visit,
- your IP address,
- your web browser,
- the website (URL) that you visited before accessing this website and
- certain cookies (see Section 2.1 below).
In addition, all information submitted while using our website is collected.
If your purpose is to sell, buy or rent a property, we grant ourselves the right to obtain personal data from the website or from other members of the RE/MAX franchise network. The personal data processed in this context are:
- your name and surname;
- your address;
- your telephone number;
- your email address;
- listings and associated listing information and
- data concerning individual real estate transactions.
We will only be able to obtain this information if you voluntarily provide it to our franchise network or if you enter it on our website
We may also collect this information when you apply for a position with our company. In this case, we will process the following information:
- Your name and surname;
- Your CV and any personal data contained therein;
- Your telephone number and mobile phone number;
- Your email;
- Personal References.
You are under no obligation to provide us with any personal data, but if you do, you will not be able to use all the features of our website, apply for jobs with us or use our real estate services in general.
1.2 Specific Categories of Personal Data
The most sensitive personal data or classified as special categories of personal data relate to the following:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinions;
- Religious or philosophical beliefs;
- Trade union membership;
- Genetic data;
- Biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person;
- Data concerning health;
- Data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation
Office Search will never process such personal data without your prior written consent:
2. Cookies, Google Analytics, Facebook and AddThis plugins
This website uses “cookies” which is a small file that may be placed on your device when you visit a website. They are generally used to allow visitors access to additional features within the site. They can be used to keep track of your visit to a site and support your navigation of the website. They may help you resume your progress and remember your preferences and settings when you return to the site. Cookies, however, cannot access, read or modify data on your device.
The majority of cookies used are so-called session cookies. They are used only during your visit to the site and will not be retained. On the other hand, persistent cookies are kept on your device until you delete them from your browser. These are used to recognise you when you visit the site again.
You can modify your browser settings to control the cookies installed on your device. It will warn you when a site wants to install a cookie. You can then block them completely. Cookies already on your device can be deleted. Simply refer to the “Help” function of your browser to know the steps for deletion.
Note that deleting cookies may impact your online experience and/or may prevent you from fully using our website.
2.2 Google Analytics
2.3 Facebook plugins (Like-button)
Our pages integrate plugins from the Facebook social network operated by Facebook Inc, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California, 94025, USA. Facebook plugins are identified by the Facebook logo or the “Like” button on our website. You can find an overview of the Facebook plugins here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
Each time you visit our website, a plugin establishes a connection between your browser and the Facebook server. The latter obtains proof of your visit to our site through your IP address. In addition, if you click on the Facebook “Like” button and are logged in to your account, you can link the content of our pages to your Facebook profile. This will allow the server to link your visit to your user account. We would like to inform you that we do not know the content of the information transmitted or how the Meta Group uses it. Please see Facebook’s privacy statement at http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php for more information.
If you wish to remain anonymous to Facebook, please log out of your Facebook account before visiting our website.
2.4 AddThis plugin
http://www.addthis.com/privacy/privacy-policy details the categories of data collected and how it is processed.
By following the instructions on http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, you can object to the collection of data by Oracle.
3. Purposes for which we use your data
The use of your personal data helps us to provide this website to you as a user. It also allows us to generate usage statistics in order to improve and develop the website and to provide you with real estate services. We also use this data to respond to your requests and messages, to send you our newsletter if you have subscribed to it, to contact you if there are properties that might be of interest to you and to analyze your data for business intelligence purposes.
In the case of a job application, we will process your data to determine your suitability for a position at RE/MAX.
4. Legal basis for the processing
The legal basis for processing your data will be our overriding legitimate interest (in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, “GDPR”).
The legal basis for processing, if we process certain personal data about you, which we receive from our website or another franchise network member, in particular our franchisees, will be your consent in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) GDPR which will be requested from you in a separate process. You will be able to withdraw your consent at any time, if requested. However, this would not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your data based on the consent before its withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent, we will no longer be able to provide our services to you.
5. Disclosures and data transfers
5.1 Independent Third Parties
We will transfer your personal data to the following recipients to the extent necessary for the purposes stated above:
- Our franchisor PMSCS REAL ESTATE FRANCHISING, INC., Alpenstrasse 15, Postfach 7863, CH-6302, Zug, Switzerland (“RE/MAX Europe”) as well as RE/MAX Europe’s other franchisees and their respective franchisees;
- GryphTech Inc., 2595 Skymark Avenue, Suite 206, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and
- other IT service providers that we use.
Some of your personal data provided to the above recipients is not processed in your country. Although the level of data protection is not always equivalent to that of your country, we only transfer your personal data to countries that have, according to the European Commission, an adequate level of data protection or, alternatively, we take steps to ensure that the recipients provide an adequate level of your personal data. For example, we enter into appropriate data transfer agreements based on standard contractual clauses (2010/87/EC and/or 2004/915/EC). You can request to see these agreements at [email protected].
5.2 Regulatory Authorities
When properly and lawfully requested, we may, under current law, be required to transfer your personal data to certain regulatory or governmental authorities. In some cases, we may be obliged to provide such data and we may be prevented from informing you that such data has been provided.
6. Retention periods
All data automatically collected when you visit our site is retained for a maximum of six months.
In case you have subscribed to our newsletter, your email address will be kept until you unsubscribe from it. If you have an account on our site, your personal data will be kept until you delete your account and thereafter only for the maximum period allowed for data retention.
If there are legal retention requirements or if there is no potential claim, we will retain personal data we receive from other members of the franchise network at least until the end of your business relationship with one of those members of the franchise network.
If you have applied for a position with Office Search and we do not hire you, we will delete all of your data.
7. Your rights and remedies
You have the following rights under applicable data protection law:
- To check what kind of personal data we hold about you and to access or request copies of that data.
- To request that it be corrected, completed or deleted if it is inaccurate or not processed in accordance with applicable requirements
- To request the restriction of the collection, processing or use of your personal data
- Under certain circumstances and for legitimate reasons, to object to the processing of your personal data
- To request data portability in the event that your data is processed on the basis of your consent
- To know the identity of third parties to whom your personal data is transferred and, if applicable, to provide instructions on how your data should be handled after your death
- In case of any complaints, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
When making such requests, please note the following:
- We will have up to 30 days to respond to your request except in extreme situations permitted by law in which case we will give you reasons for our untimely response.
- We may charge a reasonable fee or deny your request if it is clearly unfounded or excessive.
- When you make a request, we may ask for documents or information to confirm your identity.
In the event of a complaint, you also have the right to file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
Our website contains hyperlinks to third party websites that are not owned by Office Search and are in no way affiliated with Office Search. These sites are operated by third parties who have their own data protection policies and procedures in place. We cannot be responsible for how the owners of these sites handle your personal data.
Level 1, Ferris Street University Roundabout, Msida, MSD 1751, Malta
9. Contacting us
You can contact us at:
Level 1, Ferris Street University Roundabout, Msida, MSD 1751, Malta