In the real estate sector, commercial properties like office for sale in Malta have a distinct place. Before buying an office in Malta, you need to know that there are different categories that comprise the different types of commercial real estate.
In case you want to rent or invest in a commercial Malta property, make sure you know about these.
Commercial property classes and permits
Before buying an office for sale in Malta, one must obtain commercial property classes and permits according to the law. A landlord must comply with the 18 commercial classes dictated by a separate permit. These are:
- Class 1 – Dwelling for residential accommodation, lodging or personal residence, a portion of which is also used for commercial occupancy or to perform a service.
- Class 2A – Residential Institution – A residence for persons in need of temporary or permanent care, such as a hospital or nursing home.
- Class 2B – Non-residential institution, such as a museum, library or public hall.
- Class 2C – Educational institution – school, day care center, etc.
- Class 3A – Guesthouse, Palazzino, Boutique Hotel, hostel, etc. – a residence for several persons requiring generally temporary accommodation.
- Class 3B – Hotel.
- Class 3C – Meeting and recreation facilities such as cinema or theater, health club, etc.
- Class 3D – Marine recreation facilities for mooring, sailing, diving, or any other marine sport or recreation.
- Class 4A – Offices
- Class 4B – Retail premises for all retail products and their display, except motor vehicles.
- Class 4C – Food and beverage establishment where no cooking is permitted.
- Class 4D – Food and Beverage Establishment where cooking is permitted
- Class 5A – Light industrial, including product/process development, crafts, etc.
- Class 5B – General industry as in industrial process.
- Class 5C – Specialized industry in metal processing, minerals, etc.
- Class 6A – Storage and distribution.
- Class 6B – Shipyards
- Class 7 – Agriculture – crops or animals
- Class 8 – Aquaculture
Offices for sale in Malta and Gozo
Before buying an office for sale in Malta or Gozo, you may need to ascertain the boundaries of the commercial property you wish to invest in or lease and obtain the necessary information from the relevant authorities. For this, you should consult a professional architect.
How can Office Search help you?
Beyond being a real estate agency, Office Search offers a complete service regarding the administration and compliance of all necessary documents through its commercial and financial departments. We also offer financial advice on your real estate investment.
Before purchasing offices for sale in Malta or any other type of commercial property, come to us as we have the largest database of commercial real estate in Malta and Gozo.